for prospective undergraduate students
Please note: the application deadline to Dalhousie's General Entrance Award program has passed. Award offers can be viewed through DalOnline (Student Awards and Financial Aid tab) and will be sent by mail by April 15, 2013.
Going to university is investing in your future. We want to support students who have the potential to shape our campus community. Dalhousie's entrance awards recognize academic achievement and your unique skills and abilities.
High school students admitted to Dalhousie are eligible to apply for our entrance award program. Transfer or mature students will be considered for scholarships after completing one year of study at Dalhousie (refer to current undergraduate students for more information). Students admitted to third year Engineering, please see the Faculty of Engineering for scholarship information.
To be eligible for entrance awards, students must:
- be applying for admission to Dalhousie directly from high school
- have a complete application for admission on file as of March 15
- have a complete awards application on file as of March 15
- have a minimum 80% admission average. An admission average is calculated based upon the five required courses for the program to which the student has applied, OR;
- minimum 26 predicted/anticipated IB Diploma points
To apply for entrance awards, students must:
- Submit a complete application for admission to an undergraduate program for fall 2013
- submit the awards application by March 15
- ensure all supporting documents are received by the Awards Office by March 15
Awards requiring a separate application
The scholarships listed below require a separate application. A minimum 80% admissions average (regardless of citizenship) OR 26 predicted/anticipated IB Diploma points, as of the scholarship application deadline, is required to be eligible for these scholarships. Any exceptions are noted below.
Bissett Scholarship (renewable) - 1 available
- Value: $24,000 ($6,000 per year)
- Open to: Applicants from Cole Harbour High School, N.S. entering eligible programs in the Faculty of Architecture & Planning, Arts & Social Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Health Professions, Management, or Science.
- Deadline: March 15
- Interested students should contact the Cole Harbour Guidance Office for an application.
Harrison McCain Scholarships (renewable)
- Value: $16,000 ($4,000 per year)
- Open to: High school applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents entering eligible programs in the Faculty of Agriculture and the School of Nursing.
- Details: Scholarships will be given to students with demonstrated financial need, a recognized initiative to funding their own education who possess strong leadership abilities.
- Deadline: March 1