Top 10 reasons to study ESS at Dalhousie:
- Take the lead: Help solve complex global challenges—like water and energy security, climate change, environmental degradation, and increasing urbanization.
- Experiential learning: The College of Sustainability offers one of the world’s top 25 good practices in sustainability education, as designated in 2009 by the United Nations.
- Dynamic team-taught lectures: Profs and other experts from diverse disciplines—business, the arts, social science, health, design—help you see many sides of the same issue.
- Join communities, on campus and off: Read the Sustainability News Blog for the latest postings about events on campus and jobs and internship opportunities in Halifax and beyond.
- Green space: The College of Sustainability is located in the Mona Campbell Building—one of the greenest buildings on the Dal campus.
- Lectures, films, and more: Our Thursday lecture series will engage you in sustainability-related issues.
- Learn skills you can take to the workplace: The ESS program’s interdisciplinary approach prepares you for work in public service, industry, not-for-profit, and the private sector.
- Become an agent for positive change: Participate in on- or off-campus internships and get hands-on experience dealing with sustainability issues.
- Live and learn with like-minded students in an environmentally conscious residence community.
- Attend the Green Jobs Fair: Find out which careers involve sustainability issues.