Top 7 reasons to study Dental Hygiene at Dal:
- Included in your tuition fees is a laptop, with all the materials you need for your program—including a library of over 70 preinstalled e-textbooks and pharmaceutical databases.
- The program’s emphasis on technology gives you have hands-on experience with the latest materials, procedures, and applications—including electronic patient records.
- Completing Dal’s Diploma in Dental Hygiene (DDH) program means you’ll have the prerequisites you need to apply to our Bachelor of Dental Hygiene (BDH) program—the first of its kind in Canada.
- You’ll be part of the Faculty of Dentistry “family” and have many opportunities to participate in social events, from informal pub nights, to the end-of-the-year Dentistry Ball.
- The Faculty’s long-standing focus on community work means you can participate in dental clinic outreach opportunities—locally, across Canada, and abroad.
- Classes on mindfulness techniques help you improve your concentration and awareness—now, as a student, and in your future career.
- If you’re coming from the Atlantic region, your application will be given first priority for a place in the DDH program.