Integrated Science is an alternative way for science students to complete their first year of studies at Dalhousie. After finishing this foundation year for the sciences, you will join other BSc students in second-year classes. This unique first-year progam includes an integrated writing course and research project. Most of our students continue at Dal to complete an honours degree in science to prepare for graduate or professional school.
Classes and field trips
Integrated Science students learn on and off campus, through field trips, lab and computer-based exercises, and problem solving in small groups. Many class activities are performed in small teams of students, an effective way to learn the real-world skill of team work. Field trips to locations surrounding Halifax provide students with hands-on opportunities to complement their classroom experiences.
You may consider this program if you:
- have a strong background in high school science and math
- are well-organized and have good time management skills
- have solid study skills and work habits
- enjoy working in small groups
- want to be immersed in science in your first year