News» Go to news main
Faculty Impact ‑ Spring 2019
The Faculty of the Department of Economics continue to make impressions in their field across the country and around the Dalhousie community.
Dr. Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel has been elected as a member of the Canadian Economic Association (CEA) Executive. The CEA is the organization of academic economists in Canada with 2000 members in Canada and abroad.
Dr. Lars Osberg was announced as the recipient of the Douglas D. Purvis Memorial Prize at the CEA's 53rd Annual Conference in Banff Alberta. The annual prize is awarded for works relating to Canadian economic policy by the Purvis family.
Dr Teresa Cyrus, recipient of the Faculty of Science's Excellence in Teaching Award in April, delivered the convocation address to the morning convocation of the Faculty of Science's Class of 2019. The speech, delivered on May 31, can be viewed on the convocation website beginning in the video at 1:26:20.
- New Sciographies Episode: Dr. Teresa Cyrus
- How do I become an Economist? ‑ Prof. Akbulut‑Yuksel
- Our research featured by IZA: Economic crises have adverse long‑term health affects
- Joint research with faculty at SDUFE, our partner institution in China, produces novel insights on the impact of carbon pricing on employment
- COVID‑19's Economic Impact could be Stressing out our Kids
- Machine Learning for Economists and Applied Social Scientists
- CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SPRING 2020 GRADUATES!!!
- University Medal in Economics, 2020