- Is trade good for women?
- The effect of trade liberalization on women in Vietnam
- Trade and poverty in North America
- How exports and imports affect GDP convergence
Academic research and experience:
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Dalhousie University, 2005.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Dalhousie University, 1998-2005.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, 1997-98, DePaul University.
- Dalhousie Faculty of Science Excellence in Teaching Award, 2019
- Cultural Distance and Bilateral Trade [PDF-2619kB], Global Economy Journal, 12:4, 2012.
- The Double-Edged Sword of Trade [PDF-101kB](with Lynn Lethbridge and Lars Osberg), Eastern Economic Journal, 33:2, Spring 2007.
- Income in the Gravity Model of Bilateral Trade: Does Endogeneity Matter? [PDF-141kB] The International Trade Journal XVI:2, Summer 2002, 161-180.
- Does Convergence Cause Trade or Does Trade Cause Convergence? [PDF-148kB] Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, 13:4, December 2004, 397-418.
- Investor Protection and International Investment Positions: An Empirical Analysis [PDF-131kB](with Talan Iscan and Sheena Starky), International Finance, 9:2, 2006, 197-221.