- Why do countries form regional trade agreements?
- Import exposure and health status in Canada
- Improving introductory economics classes by using active-learning teaching
Selected Awards and Honours
- Faculty of Science Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2019.
- Dalhousie University Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award, 2015.
- Dalhousie University Economics Department Teaching Award, 2004
- “Why Do Countries Form Regional Trade Agreements? A Discrete-Time Survival Analysis,” Open Economies Review [revise and resubmit].
- “Pathways from Trade to Health,” Pan American Journal of Public Health 42, July 2018, https://iris.paho.org/handle/10665.2/49048
- Cultural Distance and Bilateral Trade [PDF-2619kB], Global Economy Journal, 12:4, 2012.
- The Double-Edged Sword of Trade [PDF-101kB](with Lynn Lethbridge and Lars Osberg), Eastern Economic Journal, 33:2, Spring 2007.
- Income in the Gravity Model of Bilateral Trade: Does Endogeneity Matter? [PDF-141kB] The International Trade Journal XVI:2, Summer 2002, 161-180.
- Does Convergence Cause Trade or Does Trade Cause Convergence?[PDF-148kB] Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, 13:4, December 2004, 397-418.
- Investor Protection and International Investment Positions: An Empirical Analysis [PDF-131kB](with Talan Iscan and Sheena Starky), International Finance, 9:2, 2006, 197-221.
Ph.D.1997 University of California, Berkeley
B.A. cum laude.1988 University of California, Los Angeles