C3LR COVID Info
The C3LR is a clinical simulation centre. Our PPE guidelines are based on those set for clinical practice areas such as NSH and the IWK.
October 12, 2023 Update
- Masks are REQUIRED in all common areas/hallways/entrances/meeting rooms/work areas.
- Masks are REQUIRED in all simulation areas when programming is in session.
- Medical masks will be available as you enter the C3LR as well as throughout the hallways and simulation areas.
- Masks are not required but are recommended for office areas or meeting rooms outside of simulation programming with learners.
- Simulation scenarios may require additional PPE such as eye protection with face shields, e.g., high-risk aerosol-generating procedures such as airway procedures.
- There may be special situations when masking is not appropriate at certain times; based on the simulation (e.g., oral/nasal/airway assessment). These situations will be communicated in advance and part of the recruitment information sent to SPs.
If you have tested positive for COVID
- Stay at home
- You are considered recovered when you are no longer infectious for COVID-19. Typically, this is
- Seven full days after the start of symptoms or from the date of the positive test (if no symptoms)
- AND symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours (or 48 hours if you have gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea or vomiting)
- AND you don’t have a fever
- Some people may have a lingering cough, particularly if they are prone to chronic cough. However, if they meet the criteria above, they are no longer considered infectious.
- With a persistent/chronic cough, masking is recommended when in public.
- Testing again soon after a positive test is not recommended. You do not need a negative test to be considered recovered.