Submission of Application Materials
To begin your application, complete the online application form and pay the $115 application fee.
Payment must be received before your application is processed. Methods of payment are included on the online application.
Please be reminded that the application deadlines for Graduate Nursing Programs are specific to the School of Nursing and may differ from other programs at Dalhousie University:
- Deadline for receipt of the complete application package for September admission to all graduate nursing programs (MN, MScN, PhD Nursing) is February 1
- Deadline for receipt of the complete application package for January admission to the Master of Nursing Nurse Practitioner and Master of Nursing Professional Option is November 1
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials have been received.
Applicants must include the contact information for three referees via EREF on the Dalhousie Application Portal
- One (1) current employer – MUST be a direct supervisor/manager (not a charge nurse or colleague. Must be a current manager – ie. a Health Services Manager).
- Two (2) academic references.
The following additional documents must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A current resume that clearly states all your education and professional clinical practise. Please note: Clinical practise you obtained during your undergraduate program/student nursing hours do not count towards the 2 years full-time requirement.
- Statement of intent (interest) in a 2-3 page, double-spaced essay, discussing the following points: Tell us about your goals How will the School of Nursing, Graduate Program help you achieve these goals? What are the strengths you would bring to the program and to the profession? Explain any gaps or deficiencies in your academic record, or any other factors you wish to have taken into account.
- Supplemental application form (click link to access) in addition to your CV and statement of career goals. Please use this form to identify your practice areas of interest, program option, provide current nursing registration details and your reasons and objectives for pursuing graduate studies in nursing.
- Official or unofficial transcript(s)
- For your initial application to graduate studies, we only require your unofficial academic transcripts for each post-secondary institution you have attended. Please include degree certificates if degree conferral is not stated on your transcripts.
- Email your unofficial transcripts to email@example.com
- Transcripts should include your first and last name, degree, program type and name of degree issuing university.
- If you are accepted for admission, your final and official transcripts will be required within 90 days of the start of your program. · If you are accepted for admission, please follow these instructions to arrange for official transcripts to be submitted.
Also required for MN Mental Health and Addictions and MN Nursing Practitioner Degree Programs ONLY:
Verification letter/document from your HR Department (signed by appropriate HR department rep) that verifies that you have met the minimum requirement and which includes the number of hours worked with the agency/organization.
- Again, please note that all documents should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org (other than references that are submitted via EREF).
- PLEASE NOTE: Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) and the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required by the School of Nursing Graduate Programs.