Working towards a barrier-free Dalhousie!
The Student Accessibility Centre (Halifax) and the Student Success Centre (Truro) are Dalhousie’s centres of expertise on student access, inclusion, and accommodation support. We work collaboratively with Dalhousie and King's students, faculty, and staff to create an inclusive educational environment for students. The Centre is responsible for administering the university-wide Student Accommodation Policy working across all programs and faculties.
We can support you in a number of ways:
- Facilitate access to academic courses and programs, facilities, services, and activities
- Identify classroom, exam and other accommodations (e.g. co-op) to reduce barriers to your learning
- Advocate on behalf of, and alongside you to ensure reasonable accommodations are available and implemented
- Assist you in accessing funding for students with disabilities
- Connect you with on- and off-campus resources to enhance your success