News» Go to news main
Faculty of Health Student Placements
We understand that the rapid changes happening this week are stressful, as is the uncertainty around COVID-19. We hope you and your families are well during this trying period.
Here is the latest update with respect to COVID-19 and student placements:
In light of recent developments, we have determined that it is not operationally feasible nor learner-centric to continue any of the Faculty's clinical and practice education courses, effective March 18 until further notice. This includes all practice education courses within and beyond Nova Scotia in all of our academic units:
- Clinical Vision Science
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Health and Human Performance
- Health Sciences
- Health Administration
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
This decision is in alignment with placement cancellations by our partners across the country and internationally.
We know how important these placements are in providing exceptional health education to students and preparing them for their careers. That said, Dalhousie and our partners share the view that the health and safety of our community is the highest priority, especially given the current demands of the healthcare system.
Students who are in placements or about to begin their placements can contact their program and placement coordinators for more information. We appreciate your patience as we deal with this rapidly-changing situation. These are exceptional circumstances, so exceptional measures have to be taken so we can all do our part to stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ‘We breathe for you’: Inside the world of a respiratory therapist
- New COVID‑19 screening app born from necessity and collaboration
- Global report outlines ethical challenges for social workers resulting from COVID‑19
- Eighteen years to get a degree: Social Work grad shares his story
- SCSD prof joins the fight for basic income in Nova Scotia
- PhD in Health grad used art to research society's influence on queer men's health
- Dal Health students launch new student‑led journal through the Healthy Populations Institute
- 'I can be an agent of change': MSc OT grad reflects on learning experiences throughout her degree