For several months, faculty and staff of Dal Health and other Units have adopted the heathy habit of meeting once a week to walk on campus. Erna Snelgrove-Clark, associate professor (School of Nursing) and associate dean academic (Acting) Faculty of Health, was inspired to start the walking group after hearing the keynote address of Shawn Stevenson at the Healthy Living Health Life conference. Mr. Stevenson, the bestselling author and creator of the number one health podcast on iTunes, imparted that small healthy changes can have a big impact on your overall health. And that just by walking eleven minutes a day can have long-term health benefits. Anyone is welcome to walk at their own pace and join in the fun, fresh air, and networking. The group meets at 11am every Wednesday by the Faculty of Dentistry University Ave entrance.
- Health Mythbusters: Is Hearing Loss Just 'Part of Getting Older?'
- Faculty of Health researchers receive CIHR funding
- Adventures in Research
- 11 @ 11
- Send us your snaps!
- Play Ball! Join the new Faculty of Health Coed Summer Softball Team
- ELEMENT mentoring program launches at the School of Health Administration
- Dal Health Researchers Have Study Published in JAMA Pediatrics