For several months, faculty and staff of Dal Health and other Units have adopted the heathy habit of meeting once a week to walk on campus. Erna Snelgrove-Clark, associate professor (School of Nursing) and associate dean academic (Acting) Faculty of Health, was inspired to start the walking group after hearing the keynote address of Shawn Stevenson at the Healthy Living Health Life conference. Mr. Stevenson, the bestselling author and creator of the number one health podcast on iTunes, imparted that small healthy changes can have a big impact on your overall health. And that just by walking eleven minutes a day can have long-term health benefits. Anyone is welcome to walk at their own pace and join in the fun, fresh air, and networking. The group meets at 11am every Wednesday by the Faculty of Dentistry University Ave entrance.
- Global News Covers Upcoming Basic Income Mini Conference
- Basic Income Nova Scotia Miniconference coming April 27
- The story behind Canada's controversial food guide
- A drug to prevent 1 in 5 deaths? It's called 'food'
- Myles O'Brien wins Level 2 Killam Predoctoral Scholarship and a Dalhousie President's Award
- Early intervention for tiny ears
- Simulated patient program provides students with real life clinical experience
- The Problem with Pop