For several months, faculty and staff of Dal Health and other Units have adopted the heathy habit of meeting once a week to walk on campus. Erna Snelgrove-Clark, associate professor (School of Nursing) and associate dean academic (Acting) Faculty of Health, was inspired to start the walking group after hearing the keynote address of Shawn Stevenson at the Healthy Living Health Life conference. Mr. Stevenson, the bestselling author and creator of the number one health podcast on iTunes, imparted that small healthy changes can have a big impact on your overall health. And that just by walking eleven minutes a day can have long-term health benefits. Anyone is welcome to walk at their own pace and join in the fun, fresh air, and networking. The group meets at 11am every Wednesday by the Faculty of Dentistry University Ave entrance.
- International collaboration between Dal Health‑NUI Galway forges important connections for OA research
- Unstoppable: Michelle Mahoney
- What it Means to Give Back: Will Creene
- Alumni Spotlight: Jeff Leger
- Dean’s Message: 5 Questions for Cheryl Kozey
- Dal Health connects with community at Bluenose Active Living Expo
- Join Dal Health at the Halifax Pride Parade!
- Get out and PLEY!