News» Go to news main
Healthy Living, Healthy Life Wrap‑up
Conference finale featuring Tim Caulfied and Monika Dutt "turns health upside-down"
Dal Health’s transformative Healthy Living, Healthy Life conference brought together a wide range of health stakeholders from September 19 - 21. A cross Faculty team hosted the event, which focused on health research, practice and community innovations. The goal of the conference was to inspire connection and collaboration among diverse groups, and innovative ideas to address today’s most complex health and health care challenges.
The final event of the conference was the dynamic and interactive Fireside Chat: Turning Health Upside Down. Moderated by Dr. Erna Snelgrove-Clarke, Associate Dean Academic, the session featured leading health thinkers and innovators Drs. Monika Dutt and Timothy Caulfield. The panelists answered questions and provided insights on a wide range of health topics and issues. Dr. Caulfield’s new series “A User’s Guide to Cheating Death” where he uses science to debunk common health myths, is now streaming on Netflix.
(Mike Dembeck photos)
- 'People need access to healthy meals:' Inequality among Indigenous peoples may explain psychological distress
- Kinesiology students receive competitive NSERC USRAs
- Dal Faculty of Health, Medicine Team Publishes CMAJ Study Linking Income Inequalities, Mental Health Issues in Indigenous groups
- Building Community, Leading Change: Meet This Year's Recipient Of Dal's Top Student Life Achievement Award
- Faculty of Health Team to Represent Dal on Global Stage at World's Challenge Challenge in June
- CIHR Project Grant Program Highlighted
- Dal Health Researcher Receives CIHR Award for work with First Nations children and youth
- Dal Health Students Take on Biggest Global Health Challenge