News» Go to news main
Healthy Living, Healthy Life Wrap‑up
Conference finale featuring Tim Caulfied and Monika Dutt "turns health upside-down"
Dal Health’s transformative Healthy Living, Healthy Life conference brought together a wide range of health stakeholders from September 19 - 21. A cross Faculty team hosted the event, which focused on health research, practice and community innovations. The goal of the conference was to inspire connection and collaboration among diverse groups, and innovative ideas to address today’s most complex health and health care challenges.
The final event of the conference was the dynamic and interactive Fireside Chat: Turning Health Upside Down. Moderated by Dr. Erna Snelgrove-Clarke, Associate Dean Academic, the session featured leading health thinkers and innovators Drs. Monika Dutt and Timothy Caulfield. The panelists answered questions and provided insights on a wide range of health topics and issues. Dr. Caulfield’s new series “A User’s Guide to Cheating Death” where he uses science to debunk common health myths, is now streaming on Netflix.
(Mike Dembeck photos)
- Grad Student Profile: Keisha Jefferies
- Dal Health researchers collaborate with NSHA to improve the lives of those with chronic conditions
- International collaboration between Dal Health‑NUI Galway forges important connections for OA research
- Unstoppable: Michelle Mahoney
- What it Means to Give Back: Will Creene
- Alumni Spotlight: Jeff Leger
- Dean’s Message: 5 Questions for Cheryl Kozey
- Dal Health connects with community at Bluenose Active Living Expo