News» Go to news main
Dal Health Achievements ‑ April 2018
Congratulations to our faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends on their recent achievements:
- Two students from the School of Health Sciences were recognized with awards from Sonography Canada:
- Laura Mercer received the Peter McLardie Memorial Education Bursary
- Alana Currie received the Student Acheivement award for her project "The Diagnostic Accuracy of Acute Cholecystitis Imaging."
- Health Sciences' Kathy Spurr received the Canadian Respiratory Health Professionals Distinction award. This award recognizes a respiratory healthcare professional who is actively engaged in the mentorship of other health-care professionals and who serves as role model for professionalism and volunteerism.
- Pharmacy's Kim Sponagle received the AFPC/Janssen Award for Innovation in Education. This award recognizes a Canadian pharmacy educator who has developed significant innovations in teaching, learning and/or assessment, and in recognition of her work on the interprofessional stroke simulation.
- Physiotherapy's Shaun Boe was an invited keynote speaker at the recent RIO Group Annual Meeting at Bielefeld University in Germany. Shaun and members of his team at the Laboratory for Brain Recovery and Function presented on "The nature of motor imagery: A behavioural and neuroimaging perspective."
- Making things better for Misel: Health Care Team Challenge explores issues faced by Indigenous community
- Call for volunteers: Healthy Living, Healthy Life Conference
- What it means to be resilient: A conversation with Dr. Michael Ungar
- Dal Health Achievements ‑ April 2018
- Health Administration's Chris Simms in The Lancet on the response to pandemics
- New name for the School of Human Communication Disorders
- Chronicle Herald: Dal hearing aid program gets financial boost
- Consider this...John Sulston and Stephen Hawking: On attitudes and evidence