News» Go to news main
Dal Health Achievements ‑ April 2018
Congratulations to our faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends on their recent achievements:
- Two students from the School of Health Sciences were recognized with awards from Sonography Canada:
- Laura Mercer received the Peter McLardie Memorial Education Bursary
- Alana Currie received the Student Acheivement award for her project "The Diagnostic Accuracy of Acute Cholecystitis Imaging."
- Health Sciences' Kathy Spurr received the Canadian Respiratory Health Professionals Distinction award. This award recognizes a respiratory healthcare professional who is actively engaged in the mentorship of other health-care professionals and who serves as role model for professionalism and volunteerism.
- Pharmacy's Kim Sponagle received the AFPC/Janssen Award for Innovation in Education. This award recognizes a Canadian pharmacy educator who has developed significant innovations in teaching, learning and/or assessment, and in recognition of her work on the interprofessional stroke simulation.
- Physiotherapy's Shaun Boe was an invited keynote speaker at the recent RIO Group Annual Meeting at Bielefeld University in Germany. Shaun and members of his team at the Laboratory for Brain Recovery and Function presented on "The nature of motor imagery: A behavioural and neuroimaging perspective."
- Alumni Profile: Mike Doyle – Unexpected opportunities
- Dal Health statement on discovery of children's remains at former Indian Residential School sites
- Dr. Jeanna Parsons Leigh named Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Chair
- More nursing seats at Dalhousie University's Yarmouth Campus
- 'Very proud of the profession': Pharmacy grad worked on the front‑lines of the pandemic
- Convocation 2021
- Celebrating World Orthoptic Day
- Alumni profile: Matt Steele ‑ The healing power of music