News» Go to news main
Photo Essay: Hope for the Holidays
Thanks to our faculty, staff and students, Dal Health's Boxes of Hope campaign has been huge success. This year, we wanted to use our Faculty holiday party as a chance to get together and share in some holiday fun, and also to give back to our community by collecting 200 boxes filled with treats, toiletries and other items to those in need.
The overwhelming response to the campaign means that, together with our partner organizations (MOSH Halifax, YWCA Halifax WISH Program, HOPES Student Run Clinic, and Adsum for Women & Children), we are distributing over 250 boxes filled with treats, toiletries and other items to those in need. That’s 50 more than our original goal of 200!
These are desperately needed items that will be shared with those who are going through a very hard time this holiday season. We understand from staff at these charitable organizations that gifts like these are about far more than the items in the box: they represent hope, dignity and a sense of caring and community. It’s wonderful that we were able to meet and surpass our goal, and make the holidays a little brighter for over 250 people.
Here’s to planning our next community fundraising efforts for the 2018 holiday season!
(Danny Abriel photos).
- Researchers partner with Synaptive Medical to study novel head‑dedicated MRI for emergency medicine
- Examining the role occupational therapy plays in treating mental illness
- School of OT's Dr. Nikki Kiepeck interviewed on the health benefits of "Dry January."
- How 'weight bias' is harming us all
- How body ideals shape the health of gay men
- Holiday Greetings from Dal Health!
- Profiles in Leadership: Dr. Marion Brown
- Dal Health researchers create innovative new app