D. David Persaud
Associate Professor, Graduate Coordinator
Phone: (902) 494-1308
Fax: (902) 494-6849
5850 College Street
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Dr. Persaud is a professor in the School of Health Administration at Dalhousie University and is cross-appointed to the Department of Ophthalmology. Dr. Persaud’s research is focused on organizational learning, innovation, and change. He developed the ELIAS performance management system with the aim of making innovation and evidence-informed change a natural extension of an organization’s assessment and management of its strategic goals. It is a holistic dynamic capability premised on increasing an entity’s absorptive capacity, innovation potential, and continuous transformation. Dr. Persaud has written and presented extensively on the ELIAS management framework and edited two editions on innovation for Healthcare Management Forum, the official journal of the Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL).
PhD., Institute of Health, Policy, Management and Evaluation: University of Toronto
- Performance driven change
- Organizational learning, innovation, and transformation
- Integration of vision care services
- Inter-professional health education and psychological safety
- Lackie, K; Hayward, K; Ayn, C; Stilwell, P; Lane, J; Andrews, C; Dutton, T; Ferkol, D; Harris, J; Houk, S; Pendergast, N; Persaud, D., Thillaye, J., Mills, J., Grant, S., & Munroe, A. (2022). Creating psychological safety in interprofessional simulation for health professional learners: a scoping review of the barriers and enablers. Journal of Interprofessional Care. https://doi.org/10.1080/13561820.2022.2052269.
- Lackie, K., Hayward, K., Ayn, C., Stilwell, P., Andrews, C., Pendergast, N., Persaud, D., Grant, S., Houk, S., Brown, M., Harris, J., Price, S., Ferkol, S., Thillaye, J., & Mills, J. (2021). Creating psychological safety in interprofessional simulation: A scoping review. Advances in Simulation, 6(Suppl 1), 8. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41077-021-00159-z.
- Persaud. D. D. & Murphy, M. (2021). The ELIAS Framework: A Prescription for Innovation and Change. Healthcare Management Forum. 34(1):56-61.
- Persaud, D. D. (2021). A Message from the Guest Editor. Healthcare Management Forum 34(1):3-4. PDF Version of Journal Edition.
- Persaud, D. D. (2019). Designing a Performance Measurement System for Accountability, Quality Improvement, and Innovation. The Health Care Manager. 38(1): 82-88.
- Perreira., T. A., Perrier, L; Prokopy, M., Neves-Mera, L., Persaud, D. D. (2019). Physician engagement: a concept analysis. Journal of Healthcare Leadership. 2019:11 101–113.
- Persaud, D (2016). "Shared Leadership", in Ortenblad, A; Abrahamson, C., Lofstrom, A., & Sheaff, R. (Eds.), Management Innovations for Health Care Organizations: Adopt, Abandon, or Adapt, Routledge Studies in the Management of Voluntary and Non-Profit Organizations, Taylor & Francis, Milton Park, Oxford, pp. 302 – 318.
- Persaud, David. D. (2014). Enhancing Learning, Innovation, Adaptation, and Sustainability in Health Care organizations: The ELIAS Performance Management Framework. The Health Care Manager: 33 (3): 183-204
- Clarke, M.C. & D. David Persaud (2011). Leading Clinical Handover Improvement: A Change Strategy to Implement Best Practices in the Acute Care Setting. Journal of Patient Safety. (1):11-18.
- D. David Persaud, Steve Jriege, Chris Skedgel, John Finley, Joan Sargent, & Neil Hanlon. (2005) An Incremental Cost-analysis of Telehealth Programs in Nova Scotia: A Societal Perspective. Journal of Telehealth & Telecare. (11:77-84).
- Narine, L. & Persaud, D.D. (2003). Gaining and Maintaining Commitment to Large-scale Change in Health Care Organizations. Health Services Management Research. 16:179-187.