D. David Persaud
Associate Professor, Graduate Coordinator
Phone: (902) 494-1308
Fax: (902) 494-6849
5850 College Street
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- Performance driven organizational change
- Organizational learning, innovation, adaptation, and sustainability
- Integration of vision care services
- Inter-professional health education
Dr. Persaud is a professor in the School of Health Administration at Dalhousie University and is cross-appointed to the Department of Ophthalmology. During the academic year professor Persaud teaches HESA 5330 (Management & Design of Health Care Organizations); HESA 5315 (Managing Change in Health Systems); HESA 4001 (Management Roles & Competencies); and HESA 6305 (Analyzing the Outcomes of Health Care). Dr. Persaud is also an affiliated scientist of the QEII Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- PhD, University of Toronto
- Perreira., T. A., Perrier, L; Prokopy, M., Neves-Mera, L., Persaud, D. D. (2019). Physician engagement: a concept analysis. Journal of Healthcare Leadership. 2019:11 101–113.
- Persaud, D (2016). "Shared Leadership", in Ortenblad, A; Abrahamson, C., Lofstrom, A., & Sheaff, R. (Eds.), Management Innovations for Health Care Organizations: Adopt, Abandon, or Adapt, Routledge Studies in the Management of Voluntary and Non-Profit Organizations, Taylor & Francis, Milton Park, Oxford, pp. 302 – 318.
- Persaud, David. D. (2014). Enhancing Learning, Innovation, Adaptation, and Sustainability in Health Care organizations: The ELIAS Performance Management Framework. The Health Care Manager: 33 (3): 183-204
- Clarke, M.C. & D. David Persaud (2011). Leading Clinical Handover Improvement: A Change Strategy to Implement Best Practices in the Acute Care Setting. Journal of Patient Safety. (1):11-18.
- O'Hagan, J., MacKinnon, N.J., Persaud, D. D., Etchegary, H. (2009). Self-reported Medical Errors in Seven Countries: Implications for Canada. Healthcare Quarterly: 12: 54-60.
- D. David Persaud, Steve Jriege, Chris Skedgel, John Finley, Joan Sargent, & Neil Hanlon. (2005) An Incremental Cost-analysis of Telehealth Programs in Nova Scotia: A Societal Perspective. Journal of Telehealth & Telecare. (11:77-84).
- Narine, L. & Persaud, D.D. (2003). Gaining and Maintaining Commitment to Large-scale Change in Health Care Organizations. Health Services Management Research. 16:179-187.