- BMus (Mt. A)
- MMus (Yale)
Research & creative activity
Peter Allen has continually delighted audiences with his artistry, versatiligy and mastery with music-making. As a concert pianist, he is often heard on CBC regional and national radio and is well known to audiences in the Maritimes and throughout Canada for hisi captivating interpretations. Peter is also a highly respected composer, teacher, and conductor. Peter is an Associate Professor of the Canadian Music Centre, a member of SOCAN, and a member of the The Living Composers Project.
- Piano 1-IV including Performance stream
- Orchestration (MUSC 3282)
- Chamber Music Literature (MUSC 3353)
- Piano Literature
- Conductor of the Dal Symphony Orchestra fo 12 years
- HURRICANE JUAN Piano Concerto, was commissioned by CBC Radio 2 and was world-premiered by Symphony Nova Scotia on their season’s opening concert with Peter as soloist.
- His orchestral work Mar Atlantico was given its Canadian premiere by Symphony Nova Scotia under the baton of Bernhard Gueller on the stage of the National Arts Centre in Ottawa on April 28th, 2003
- Abraxas, recorded with Patty Creighton, flute
- Wind Song, recorded with Patty Creighton, flute. Released 2008
- Miniatures. Released 2000, CBC
- Haydn: Piano Sonatas and Variations. Released 1994, CBC SMI 5000 Series
- Premiered new Sonata for cello and piano at Scotia Festival in 2019
- Performed numerous livie stream solo andn chamber rectials during the 2020 pandemic
Awards and honours
- Peter's commissioned orchesteral work for the Nova Scotia Youth Orchestra The Halifax Explosion later won the 2005 inaugural Lieutenant Governor’s Masterworks Award finalist nomination.