News» Go to news main
Valentine's Day Sonnet Contest 2019
Submit a sonnet about love: unrequited love, rejected love, seasonally instigated dental caries, or a reproach to Saint Valentine for buying into the patriarchal economy of the exchange of women, for examples. Sure, the sonnet is often considered to be a well- established format, but we encourage innovation. (Remember, Shakespeare broke the rules!)
Submit your entry, identified only by B00# (no name), to the email@example.com by Monday, February 5th. The contest is open to all English and/or Creative Writing Major and Honours students. Winners will be announced by Friday, February 15th, and published on the English and Creative Writing Department Websites.
One prize of $100 will be awarded!
- Most Affordable Ways to see The Bridge
- Valentine's Day Sonnet Contest 2019
- Verso Journal Call for Submissions!
- Upcoming Winter Speaker Series
- The New Peripatetic
- Teaching Assistant Positions Fall 2016
- 2016 Fooshee and Dennis Prize Winners
- 2016 Sonnet Contest Winners!