News» Go to news main
Promotion of Winter 2021 online courses
It may be hard to believe, but we are halfway through this unprecedented fall semester. I want to thank everyone for their incredibly hard work ensuring our students come out of this year with a quality experience.
As we look toward a winter semester which will closely resemble the current one, we are again presented with the opportunity to welcome external students into our programs and courses. Our virtual offerings allow us to boost enrollment through non-traditional markets.
As you may remember, while preparing for the fall semester, Extended Learning overhauled dal.ca/exl to support the goal of increasing external student numbers. The site has now been updated with the winter course listing. I’d ask that all instructors take a few moments to navigate the site once more, while keeping in mind that its purpose is:
· To serve as a landing page for external audiences interested in taking any Faculty of Agriculture courses (both credit and non-credit)
· To serve as a fast and convenient way for current students (Truro and Halifax), along with faculty and staff, to view Faculty of Agriculture online offerings without needing to access the timetable
Please have a look through the site. If you feel something is missing, or if one of your courses should NOT be included in the Winter 2021 listing (ie. if it is restricted to a specific program and cannot be used as an elective), or if you have any general comments, you can contact Ashley (email@example.com), Colette (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the general Extended Learning email (email@example.com).
Allowing non-credit students to enroll in courses
Finally, Extended Learning will also be working on targeted marketing of specific courses to non-credit students over the next several weeks. If you are open to allowing non-credit students (ie. industry members) into your courses, please let Ashley or Colette know.
Thanks again for your continued hard work.
- If you want it, you have to work for it!
- Invitation to Agriculture Campus Student Accessibility Focus Group
- Nutrition and Feeding Course‑ Hands on Experience
- Langille Athletic Centre Memberships
- COIL Faculty Update and New Opportunity
- SuperNOVA is hiring
- Student Appreciation Award winner Joye Sears
- Barley Party 2021