News» Go to news main
Dal distinguished at Discovery Awards
From the keynote speaker through to the award winners and finalists, Dalhousie had a big presence at the 11th annual Discovery Awards last Thursday night.
The awards, organized by Halifax’s Discovery Centre, bring together Nova Scotia’s best and brightest for a celebration of science, technology and innovation. With a crowd of more than 400, the gala not only brought home the importance fostering a love of science among Canada’s youth, but demonstrated how it’s possible to realize scientific potential right here in Nova Scotia.
Dal made its presence felt in a number of ways. Jeff Dahn, internationally renowned energy expert and professor in Dal’s Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science, was the event’s guest speaker, discussing the transformative possibilities of scientific education. Both of the Hall of Fame inductees — Jock Murray and the late George Geoffrey Meyerhof — were from Dalhousie (in Dr. Meyerhof’s case, the former TUNS). And the awards themselves featured six Dal finalists and two wins.
Read complete article
- Brightspace Quick Tips: Offsetting Dates
- Truro Pride 2018
- ATTSVE project celebration ‑meet our Ethiopian office
- Passing of Win Langille
- Do you use Panopto videos in Brightspace courses?
- Looking for DRAMATIC Faculty and Staff!
- Brightspace Quick Tip: Semester Start Checklist for Brightspace Courses
- Truro Pride ‑ help decorate and walk or ride with our float!