Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Big Thinking: The Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence
You are invited to attend a panel discussion exploring the potential impacts of artificial intelligence and the role humanities and social sciences will play in identifying the social, legal, ethical and policy issues we should start considering today.
The panel will be moderated by:
Gabriel Miller, Executive Director, Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Participants of arm chair panel:
Ian Kerr, Canada Research Chair in Ethics, Law and Technology, University of Ottawa
Teresa Heffernan, Professor of English, Saint Mary’s University
Duncan MacIntosh, Professor and Department Chair of Philosophy, Dalhousie University
Fuyuki Kurasawa, York Research Chair in Global Digital Citizenship and Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, York University
WHEN: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:30 pm
WHERE: Paul O’Regan Hall, Halifax Public Library Central Location, 5440 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, NS
Full event details are available here.
- Mitacs: Canadian Science Policy Fellowship
- AGE‑WELL Core Research Program 2020
- Atlantic PATH
- China‑Canada Scholar Exchange Program (CCSEP) 2019‑20
- CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program
- Globalink Research Award update ‑ eligibility expansion
- CIHR University Delegate Report ‑ December 6, 2018
- Journal of Marine Science and Engineering special issue on "Women in Marine Science"