Updates» Go to news main
Collective Bargaining continues with Public Service Alliance of Canada for Grant‑Paid Employees
Dalhousie met with Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) Local 86001 (representing Grant-Paid Employees) numerous times since April 2023, with the last meetings held on May 10, 11, and 12. Based on the union’s request at the last session, a joint union and university information session was held for members of the PSAC Grant-Paid union and Principal Investigators (PIs).
The parties have also discussed other ways to provide transparency and information while the negotiation process continues. This will include additional information sessions open to members and PIs as the bargaining process progresses. Notification of times will be sent via email.
The next round of meetings are scheduled for July 5, 6, and 7 and will include discussion of several substantive topics including compensation.
Note: The PSAC certification does not include Grant-Paid employees on the Agricultural Campus who are covered by the NSGEU Local 77 Collective Agreement. Also, this PSAC certification is separate from the existing PSAC bargaining unit, Local 86001, which represents Postdoctoral Fellow Employees.
- Final conciliation date set for Dalhousie and PSAC Local 86001
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 reach a new collective agreement
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 99 reach a new collective agreement
- Collective Bargaining continues with Public Service Alliance of Canada for Grant‑Paid Employees
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 continue with conciliation
- Collective bargaining continues with NSGEU Local 99
- New Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) collective agreement
- Dalhousie seeking assistance of a conciliator to reach agreement with PSAC Local 86001 (Postdoctoral Employees)