Updates» Go to news main
Dalhousie and PSAC (Grant‑Paid Union) agree on Memorandum of Understanding
Dalhousie University and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) Grant-Paid Union have agreed on a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to allow for wage increases during the statutory freeze period, as defined by the Nova Scotia Labour Board.
Any wage increases provided to bargaining unit members will be without prejudice and will be implemented on the date the increase would have been implemented pursuant to past practice or the employee’s contract subsequent to February 25, 2022, when Notice to Bargain was served.
Note: The PSAC Grant-Paid Union does not include Grant-Paid employees on the Agricultural Campus who are covered by the NSGEU Local 77 Collective Agreement, or Grant-Paid employees working for principal investigators based out of New Brunswick. The PSAC Grant-Paid Union is also separate from the existing PSAC Local 86001 that represents Postdoctoral Fellow Employees.
Regular updates about Grant-Paid employees and PSAC will be shared on this site.
- Dalhousie and PSAC Local 86001 reach tentative agreement
- Collective bargaining continues with PSAC Local 86001
- Final conciliation date set for Dalhousie and PSAC Local 86001
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 reach a new collective agreement
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 99 reach a new collective agreement
- Collective Bargaining continues with Public Service Alliance of Canada for Grant‑Paid Employees
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 continue with conciliation
- Collective bargaining continues with NSGEU Local 99