Updates» Go to news main
Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 reach tentative agreement
Dalhousie University and CUPE Local 3912 have successfully reached a tentative collective agreement.
A tentative agreement means that both parties have agreed to the terms of a collective agreement, which need to be agreed to or ratified by the CUPE Local 3912 members and the university’s Board of Governors.
The bargaining teams met on multiple occasions throughout the past 18 months, and meetings were productive throughout the collective bargaining process.
The details of the tentative deal will be made available once the Board of Governors and the membership of CUPE Local 3912 have ratified the collective agreement.
CUPE Local 3912 represents more than 1,300 part-time academics, teaching assistants, markers and demonstrators at Dalhousie. The CUPE Local 3912 collective agreement expired on August 31, 2020.
- Completing the fall term: Information for students and instructors
- CUPE strike ends
- Tentative agreement reached with CUPE Local 3912
- Change to course withdrawal date
- Message to students regarding the remainder of the fall term
- CUPE strike update Nov 3: Negotiations unsuccessful
- CUPE strike update ‑ Oct 27 (pm)
- CUPE strike update ‑ Oct 27 (am)