When: Starting in September - Thursdays from 1 - 2:30pm
Where: LeMarchant Place, 2nd Floor, Room 2304 (Groupd room 1)
Registration is required and once you have been registered, you will be contacted to schedule your pre-screening appointment.
This is a process-oriented group where participants will share their experiences and hear about the experiences of others. Participants can self-refer or be referred by a Student Health and Wellness practitioner (pre-screening required by a facilitator).
Group requirements: Participants should have specific interpersonal/relational patterns or goals that they would like to work on within session.
Some examples of these issues may include:
- Working on being more open in relationships
- Feeling angry or dissatisfied in relationships
- Struggling to have close or deep relationships
- Being a “people pleaser”
- Relying on substances to socialize (alcohol, cannabis)
- Struggling to communicate needs directly
- Experiencing anxiety in social situations
- Difficulty trusting others
- Manipulating others to get needs met
- Being controlling (or easily controlled) in relationships
- Frequently ghosting others and/or being ghosted
Exclusionary criteria include individuals who are actively experiencing suicidal ideation (i.e., with plan and/or intent) or who are not able to engage with a group in a collaborative fashion due to severe challenges with emotional regulation.
All registrants will be contacted by the facilitator for pre-screening and to confirm other details in advance.