Top 5 reasons to study Microbiology and Immunology at Dal:
- Cross-appointed faculty from a variety of health sciences programs and departments—including Medicine, Surgery, Dentistry, and Pathology—means you’re getting interdisciplinary breadth and depth in your courses.
- Join the Society of Immunology and Microbiology Students (SIMS) and help organize fun events and meet other students.
- In Microbiology and Immunology lectures and labs, you’ll learn about subjects such as mechanisms of infection and the immune response that are key to a career in research or medicine.
- In the Science Co-op program, you could work in a Microbiology or Immunology professor's lab, helping out with research that may one day cure diseases and save lives.
- In Dal’s new Inter-professional Health Education Building, you’ll be part of a revolution in health care education—shared spaces and flexible learning environments ensure you’ll have access to the latest research and plenty of opportunities to discuss it with your peers in other health-related professions.