Undergraduate program: Applied Computer Science
Top 5 reasons to study Applied Computer Science at Dalhousie:
- Combine a deep understanding of technology with problem-solving, project management and communications to bridge the gap between business and IT.
- Work in project teams with classmates from all years of the program to create solutions for real clients in the non-profit sector.
- Gain work experience through co-op placements with companies like Microsoft, T4G, and the IWK and earn up to $10,000 per work term.
- Work along-side award-winning profs. We have more CS profs and researchers than any other university in Atlantic Canada.
- Be a part of a strong community of students, staff and professors and benefit from our dedicated resources and supports, student societies and dynamic learning spaces.
Our graduates are working across all industry sectors, using technology in innovative ways to transform and improve the way many organizations function. From IT to oceans, agriculture and government, our grads are busy leading teams to better solutions.
You can follow along with our suggested course schedules or you can tailor your degree and experience by choosing from a range of options including co-op, certificates and minor options, or diving into the world of emerging technologies.