Media Releases» Go to news main
Dalhousie University dentistry clinic closed until January 12th
Dalhousie University Faculty of Dentistry has closed its public dental clinics until Jan. 12, 2015. Patients who are affected will be contacted directly to reschedule appointments. We apologize for the inconvenience to patients and will reschedule appointments as soon as possible. Patients are being contacted directly.
The closing of the dental clinics is one of the many steps being taken so patients, students, faculty and staff are able to return to classes and clinics in a safe and supportive environment. The recently publicized activity of a few students within the Faculty of Dentistry is not representative or reflective of the values of the Faculty of Dentistry. Comments expressed on Facebook are deeply offensive, degrading to women and completely unacceptable. Our community has been rocked by these postings.
The Faculty of Dentistry and School of Dental Hygiene are working on a detailed plan for classes and the dental clinics for the remainder of the term.
The Dalhousie University community, including the students, patients, faculty, alumni and staff within the Faculty of Dentistry is greatly impacted by the actions of a few people. A process, involving affected parties, is underway to determine consequences for the offensive behavior.
Director of Communications
Senior Communications Advisor
- Dalhousie University researchers to receive $8 million in federal grants
- NEW CONVOCATION TRADITIONS HONOUR HISTORY AND HERITAGE
- Dal researchers analyze effectiveness of school‑based bullying prevention programs
- Halifax‑led study leads to better treatment for people with deadly heart condition
- Governor General of Canada recognizes Dalhousie University's Jeff Dahn as one of Canada's top innovators
- Dalhousie University celebrates spring 2016 honorary degree recipients
- Dalhousie University named one of Canada's greenest employers
- Dalhousie University's Board of Governors votes to approve tuition and fees for 2016‑17