Media Releases» Go to news main
Dalhousie University dentistry clinic closed until January 12th
Dalhousie University Faculty of Dentistry has closed its public dental clinics until Jan. 12, 2015. Patients who are affected will be contacted directly to reschedule appointments. We apologize for the inconvenience to patients and will reschedule appointments as soon as possible. Patients are being contacted directly.
The closing of the dental clinics is one of the many steps being taken so patients, students, faculty and staff are able to return to classes and clinics in a safe and supportive environment. The recently publicized activity of a few students within the Faculty of Dentistry is not representative or reflective of the values of the Faculty of Dentistry. Comments expressed on Facebook are deeply offensive, degrading to women and completely unacceptable. Our community has been rocked by these postings.
The Faculty of Dentistry and School of Dental Hygiene are working on a detailed plan for classes and the dental clinics for the remainder of the term.
The Dalhousie University community, including the students, patients, faculty, alumni and staff within the Faculty of Dentistry is greatly impacted by the actions of a few people. A process, involving affected parties, is underway to determine consequences for the offensive behavior.
Director of Communications
Senior Communications Advisor
- Dalhousie University signs Memorandum of Understanding with Leibniz Association in Germany
- Dalhousie Recognizes Three Trailblazing Leaders with Honorary Degrees at Fall Convocation
- Dalhousie researcher receives $1.8m for world‑leading research of the ocean acoustic environment
- Government of Canada funds world‑leading international institute for ocean science with $94 million contribution
- Dalhousie University, Memorial University of Newfoundland and the University of Prince Edward Island welcomes Minister Brison for significant Government of Canada, Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF) announcement
- Library and University Collaborate to Purchase Video Difference Films
- Dalhousie University to lead Nova Scotia team in the MIT Regional Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program (REAP)
- Dalhousie University's Faculty of Agriculture named the official Post‑Secondary Education Partner of The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Ontario