Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Top 8 reasons to study Veterinary Technology at Dalhousie:
- Enjoy an exceptionally high employment rate as a graduate of this program, which gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of animals.
- Get the training and skills you'll need to enter the exciting world of veterinary medicine as a job-ready veterinary technician.
- Learn by working with a multitude of species, including our main focus of cats and dogs, but also horses, cows, sheep and lab animals.
- Gain practical experience by completing an internship and two externships, ranging from private practice to specialty referral centres.
- Learn from veterinary technicians and veterinarians. Many of our instructors work in private practices, keeping our program current and bringing a diversity of rich experience to share with students.
- Get access to our small animal teaching hospital space, where you'll learn radiology, anesthesia and nursing skills.
- The Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association. Our animal facilities are approved for teaching by the Canadian Council on Animal Care, and our clinic is accredited by the Nova Scotia Veterinary Medical Association.
- Prepare for a career with future opportunities in eight specialties, including anesthesia, equine and emergency medicine.