Top 9 reasons to study SoSA at Dal:
- Dynamism: Our program provides students with a rigorous, critical approach to studying the world we live in.
- Two disciplines in one: The Sociology and Social Anthropology program offers two distinct intellectual and methodological ways to look at people and societies.
- Want social change? We have a strong commitment to scholarship engaged in issues of social justice, inequality and power relations in society.
- Go local or go global: Our faculty immerse you in world cultures through their research in Canada, the Middle East, South America and Asia.
- Get personal: Students find SoSA gives them a critical context for their personal experiences and challenges the common beliefs we hold about the world.
- Improve your people skills: Our courses teach you how to observe, interview and write while being sensitive to bias and cultural difference.
- We teach freedom: Our Major and Honours seminars are self-directed and help focus your research interests.
- Big picture: SoSA examines societies in an interdisciplinary way, combining politics, economics, statistics, history and philosophy.
- Travels well: Our graduates practice social science in all sorts of industries: non-profits, government, media, health, politics and law - to name a few.