Top 8 reasons to study Mathematics at Dalhousie
- Regional leader: We are the strongest mathematics program in the Maritimes, with close research ties to universities across the region.
- Job prospects: Banking, insurance, computer programming and many other hungry job markets seek out our graduates.
- Discrete Mathematics: We have close working relationships with theoretical computer science researchers.
- Combined programs: Many students from Physics, Computer Science and Economics double major in Mathematics.
- Well-rounded approach: Our pure and applied math streams are balanced and strong.
- Resource Centre: Find support, tutorials and a community of friends in this busy student hub.
- Multi-stream approach: 1st year students can choose from arts, health sciences, or honours calculus classes.
- Certificates: Actuarial and Financial or Applied and Computational Mathematics Certificates prepare you for future careers.
What will I learn?
Learn to problem solve, think logically and apply your knowledge to any field. From pure and applied to financial and computational math, we offer a well-rounded education in mathematics.