Top 7 reasons to choose Canadian Studies at Dal:
- Join a community of teachers and students interested in questions of Canada’s regional character, national identity, and global responsibility.
- Learn from award-winning professors from a wide range of disciplines, with interests in everything Canadian from eco-criticism to multiculturalism to hockey.
- Take Canadian Studies as a minor, double major, or combined honours along with another subject, to complement your interests and expand your marketability.
- Get an exciting introduction to Canadian Studies in CANA 2000: The Idea of Canada—a full-year course team-taught by two professors, dealing with everything from exploration and Canada’s territorial expansion to questions of sovereignty and foreign policy.
- Choose elective courses from nine other departments, from English to Economics— courses like “Topics in Canadian Music” or “Canadian Cultural Landscapes.”
- Access an international community of scholars interested in Canadian Studies through Dal’s study abroad programs, in cool countries like Denmark.
- Prepare for a career in many fields, like teaching, law, or journalism—or in the Prime Minister’s office.