Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 7 reasons to study Animal Science at Dalhousie:
- Hands-on: Students supplement classroom and lab learning by working with actual animals.
- Specialized: Focus your studies on dairy cattle, sheep, poultry or mink.
- Top-notch facilities: The campus farm includes the Canadian Centre for Fur Animal Research, Atlantic Poultry Research Centre and Ruminant Animal Centre (including dairy cattle and sheep facilities).
- Research hub: Dalhousie's Faculty of Agriculture hosts organizations like the Canadian Centre for Fur Animal Research and the Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada.
- Career gateway: Animal Science graduates can look forward to careers in animal nutrition, farm management and food inspection, or future studies in fields like law, medicine or education.
- Individual attention: Small class sizes mean our students don't get lost in the crowd and get personalized interaction and instruction with faculty.
- A science-business blend: Animal Science students graduate with knowledge about animal physiology and behaviour, as well as an understanding of the business of animal care.