News» Go to news main
2018‑2019 Economics Prizes
On May 31 2019, seven students were awarded special prizes recognizing outstanding achievement in studies within the Department of Economics.
The Principles of Economics Prize is awarded to the undergraduate first year student with the highest combined average in the ECON 1101 and 1102 sequence of courses. This year's winner is Alex Chow.
The Economic Theory Prize is awarded to the undergraduate with the highest combined average in ECON 2200 and 2201 sequence of courses. This year's winner is Rui Wang.
The Econometrics Prize is awarded to the undergraduate Economics Major with the highest combined average in the ECON 3338 and 3339 sequence of courses. This year's winner is Riel Tetreault.
The Economics TA Award is given to a nominated teaching assistant who has inspired students and demonstrated excellence in their TA duties. This year's winner is Ruohan Wang.
The Anonymous Prize is open to Dalhousie undergraduates who is not in their final year of study and who has shown through an essay during the second year of study of economics the best promise of successfully applying economics to the solution of human problems, as determined by the selection committee. This year's winner is Samuel Kirsh.
The Economics Honours Thesis Award is given to the honours student who has been selected to have the most outstanding thesis. This year's winner is Julia McGee.
The University Medal in Economics, awarded by the Registrar's Office, is given to the honours student with the highest GPA. This year's winner is Kathleen Olds.
Congratulations to all students and graduates for their outstanding achievements!
- Congratulations to James McNeil on his successful SSHRC Insight Development Grant
- Faculty Profile: Wimal Rankaduwa
- 29th Graham Lecture was delivered by Dr Herb Emery
- Wendy Cornwall (PhD 1977) and Lars Osberg were awarded Lifetime Membership by the ACEA
- Rhodes Scholarship Information Session ‑ Sept. 7
- Dal Economics is hosting the 48th Annual ACEA Conference: Call for Papers
- CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SPRING 2022 GRADUATES!!!
- University Medal in Economics, 2022