» Go to news main
SIM Research Day 2021: Call for Presenters
SIM RESEARCH DAY 2021: Call for Presenters (please share)
Attention: All researchers in the SIM community
Mark your calendars!
Thursday, 01 April 2021 will be SIM Research Day
Time: 11:00am – 1:00pm via MS Teams *link coming soon*
SIM Students: Showcase a research project you are working on or have recently completed—a thesis, poster, or other project. Research Day can accommodate a mix of presentation formats (lightening talks, posters), but the focus will be on brief focused presentations and lively audience engagement. Think about how you might be able to present your research to be part of this celebration of research at SIM.
Research Day is open to all students—incoming and returning, MI/MLIS and MIM.
Other students, alumni and IM/LIS professionals: Please consider sharing your research with us!
Faculty: Encourage your research students to sign up for this event!
If you would like to present at Research Day, please email Kim at email@example.com by 15-March. If you don’t yet know your topic or format, that is fine! You will have time to confirm those details.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Job Posting: Lecturer or Assistant Professor (probationary tenure‑track)
- Job Postings: Part‑Time Academics, Summer 2022
- Tanja Harrison: The 2021 Outstanding Alumni Award Winner
- Grad profile: Passionate about privacy
- Vinson Li & McKenzie Young chosen as 2021 recipients of the Dalhousie‑Horrocks National Leadership Fund
- Two SIM Professors Receive Research Grants
- MLIS alum featured in Saltwire (ASL Story Time brings children’s literature to life with sign language)
- Dr. Louise Spiteri, first woman chair of Senate in nearly 30 years