» Go to news main
Alison Brown Featured in 2023 Dalhousie ‘Open Think’ Initiative
Dalhousie’s Open Think Initiative highlights PhD researchers each month from across Dalhousie University. They draw on their studies to publish articles that provide context for the world’s toughest challenges, highlight thorny issues we’ve not even begun to contemplate, and open up fascinating worlds to inspire our spirits.
From the Open Think website:
Alison Brown studies how bringing people together to read aloud and discuss compelling literature can strengthen wellbeing and build social inclusion in our diverse communities.
“For many, reading is deeply personal. We read to make sense of our lives, escape into the unknown, find companionship in the familiar, discover what we and others are capable of. All of this can be amplified when we read aloud together.”
- MLIS alumna wins 2023 RBC/PEN Canada’s New Voices Award
- Job Postings: Part‑Time Academics (Fall 2023)
- Charlie Hook (MI ’23) on her upcoming PhD Program at the University of Leicester
- Alison Brown Featured in 2023 Dalhousie ‘Open Think’ Initiative
- Job Posting: Part‑Time Academics (Summer 2023)
- MLIS Graduate Chosen as 2023 Black Changemaker
- Dal SIM Appoints Two New Professors Emeriti
- Dr. Colin Conrad on his new role as Interim Director (Master of Digital Innovation)