News» Go to news main
Food security and the upcoming federal election: where do Canadians stand?
A new survey from the Agri-Food Analytics Lab suggests Canadians consider food security the most important electoral issue. However, country is extremely divided in global trades for the sector.
According to the survey, the Conservatives are considered as the best national stewards for the agrifood sector, followed by the Liberals and the Green Party. The People’s Party of Canada support on agrifood policy equals the New Democratic Party’s. The New Democratic Party is considered as the best positioned to deal with food affordability, while the Green Party is seen as championing food waste. However, the number of respondents who are unsure is very high, at 42% nationwide.
Read the full report on the Agri-Food Analytics Lab site.
- Grad profile: “Stretch yourself and do something you’ve never done before”
- Grad profile: A degree for all fields
- The Honourable Louise Arbour named 2019 recipient of Dalhousie Faculty of Management’s Scotiabank Ethical Leadership Award
- Celebrating inaugural part‑time teaching award recipient Lindsay McNiff
- Food security and the upcoming federal election: where do Canadians stand?
- Citizen science could help address Canada’s plastic pollution problem
- Introducing the Master of Information: New name reflects evolving library profession
- Getting in touch: MREM student invites you to text a tree