News» Go to news main
Watch the video: Hope Blooms at the Seven Speakers Series
The Dalhousie Management Society prides itself on equally supporting all of the program's seven majors by tailoring case competitions and social events to highlight each one. The main event they host is the "Seven Speaker Series" where invited business, political and community leaders from across Canada engage with Management students. The eclectic mix of speakers offers a unique opportunity for students to deepen their understanding of business.
One of this year’s featured speakers was a group of young people who garnered national attention on CBC's “The Dragon’s Den” with their community-based venture, “Hope Blooms”. They shared their story of creating the company and their wildly successful pitch to the Dragons. Watch the video below for a story that is sure to move and inspire you.
- Wild horses or pests? How to control free‑roaming horses in Alberta
- Grad profile: “Stretch yourself and do something you’ve never done before”
- Grad profile: A degree for all fields
- The Honourable Louise Arbour named 2019 recipient of Dalhousie Faculty of Management’s Scotiabank Ethical Leadership Award
- Celebrating inaugural part‑time teaching award recipient Lindsay McNiff
- Food security and the upcoming federal election: where do Canadians stand?
- Citizen science could help address Canada’s plastic pollution problem
- Introducing the Master of Information: New name reflects evolving library profession