News» Go to news main
Watch the video: Hope Blooms at the Seven Speakers Series
The Dalhousie Management Society prides itself on equally supporting all of the program's seven majors by tailoring case competitions and social events to highlight each one. The main event they host is the "Seven Speaker Series" where invited business, political and community leaders from across Canada engage with Management students. The eclectic mix of speakers offers a unique opportunity for students to deepen their understanding of business.
One of this year’s featured speakers was a group of young people who garnered national attention on CBC's “The Dragon’s Den” with their community-based venture, “Hope Blooms”. They shared their story of creating the company and their wildly successful pitch to the Dragons. Watch the video below for a story that is sure to move and inspire you.
- Student societies caring for the community
- Going the distance pays off
- A journey from the community to the classroom and back again
- Enthusiasm, engagement, and environment as a guide
- The accidental master’s degree
- Uncovering a path that’s all her own
- Dal business students discover career opportunities in Toronto
- Finding joy in public service