Health Care Team Challenge
A student team waits to present at the 2015 Health Care Team Challenge. (Nick Pearce photo)
MARCH 7, 2019
6:00 - 9:00 PM
ROOM 150, COLLABORATIVE HEALTH EDUCATION BUILDING
What is a Health Care Team Challenge (HCTC)?
Interprofessional teams of students face off in a friendly competition to showcase interprofessional competencies and person-centred care. Prizes will be awarded to the winning team.
Who can participate, and how?
- Students from any health-related program (students registered in the Faculties of Health, Dentistry and Medicine).
- Either form your own interprofessional team or apply to participate and be assigned to a interprofessional team.
- Teams may include up to 6 students per team, with no more than two members from the same health profession.
What is involved?
- Teams will be provided with information on a case and prepare an interprofessional care plan.
- At the competition, each team is given additional information about the case and presents to a panel of judges.
How are the teams judged?
- Quality of care plans
- Person-centred care
- Community approach