Health Care Team Challenge
A student team waits to present at the 2015 Health Care Team Challenge. (Nick Pearce photo)
Application deadline is 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
JANUARY 29, 2020
6:00 - 9:00 PM
ROOM 264, COLLABORATIVE HEALTH EDUCATION BUILDING (CHEB)
What is a Health Care Team Challenge (HCTC)?
Interprofessional teams of students face off in a friendly competition to showcase interprofessional competencies and person-centred care. Prizes will be awarded to the winning team.
Who can participate, and how?
- Students from any health-related program
- Either form your own interprofessional team or apply to participate and be assigned to a interprofessional team.
- Teams may include up to 8 students per team, with no more than two members from the same health profession.
What is involved?
- Teams will be provided with information on a case and prepare an interprofessional care plan.
- At the competition, each team is given additional information about the case and presents to a panel of judges.
- The case will examine refugee health issues, including determinants of health as well as enablers and barriers to refugees accessing healthcare.
How are the teams judged?
- Quality of care plans
- Person-centred care
- Community approach