Andrea L. Murphy
PO Box 15000
College of Pharmacy
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Revision of professional roles and models of care
- Pharmacotherapy in vulnerable and marginalized groups
- Knowledge translation and implementation research
- BSc(Pharm) (Dahousie)
- PharmD (UBC)
- Fellowship, Drug Use Management and Policy
My program of research is focused on health services and health outcomes. I work with multidisciplinary teams exploring areas such as how medicines, other interventions, and care models impact aspects of health and how evidence about these interventions is translated to key stakeholders and subsequently implemented in practice.
- Murphy, A.L., Hillier, K., Ataya, R., Thabet, P., Whelan, A.M., O’Reilly, C., Gardner, D. (2017) A scoping review of community pharmacists and patients at risk of suicide. Canadian Pharmacists Journal. 150(6), 366-379.
- Curran, J.A., Taylor, A., Chorney, J., Porter, S., Murphy, A.L., MacPhee, S., Bishop, A., & Bourque, M., Haworth, R. (2017) Development and feasibility testing of the Pediatric Emergency Discharge Interaction Coding Scheme. Health Expectations. 20(4),734-741. DOI: 10.1111/hex.12512.
- Murphy, A.L., Phelan, H., Haslam, S., Martin-Misener, R., Kutcher, S.P., & Gardner, D.M. (2016). Community pharmacists' experiences in mental illness and addictions care: a qualitative study. Substance Abuse, Treatment, Prevention, and Policy. 11(6). DOI: 10.1186/s13011-016-0050-9. Retrieved from: http://substanceabusepolicy.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13011-016-0050-9
- Murphy, A.L., Gardner, D.M., Kisely, S., Cooke, C., Kutcher, S., & Hughes, J. (2015) System struggles and substitutes: a qualitative study of general practitioner and psychiatrist experiences of prescribing antipsychotics to children and adolescents. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry. Advance Online Publication, DOI:10.1177/1359104515617518.
- Pollmann, A.S., Murphy, A.L., Bergman, J.C., & Gardner, D.M. (2015) Deprescribing benzodiazepines and Z-drugs in community-dwelling adults: a scoping review. BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology. 16(9). Retrieved from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/2050-6511/16/19 (highly accessed)