Andrea L. Murphy
PO Box 15000
College of Pharmacy
- Mental health; Substance use disorders; Suicide
- Models of care
- Knowledge translation and implementation science
- Pharmacy practice
- BSc(Pharm) (Dalhousie)
- PharmD (UBC)
- Fellowship, Drug Use Management and Policy
My program of research is focused on health services and health outcomes. I work with multidisciplinary teams exploring areas such as how medicines, other interventions, and care models impact aspects of health and how evidence about these interventions is translated to key stakeholders and subsequently implemented in practice.
- Murphy, A.L., O’Reilly, C.L., Ataya, R., Doucette, S., Burge, F., Salvadore Carulla, L.,Rosen, A., Chen, T., Himmelman, D., Kutcher, S.P., Marin-Misener, R., Rosen, A., Gardner, D.M. (2020). A survey of Australian and Canadian community pharmacists’ experiences with people at risk of suicide. Psychiatric Services. 71(2), 293-296. DOI: 10.1176/appi.ps.201900244
- Haslam, L., Gardner, D.M., Murphy, A.L. (2020). A retrospective analysis of patient care activities in a community pharmacy mental illness and addictions program. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 16(4), 522-528. DOI: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2019.07.003
- Shaw, J., Murphy, A.L., Gardner, D.M., Turner, J., Bouck, Z., Gordon, D., Silvius, J., Tannenbaum, C. (2019). Policies for deprescribing: an international scan of intended and unintended outcomes of policy aiming to limit sedative-hypnotic use in community-dwelling older adults. Healthcare Policy. 14(4), 39-51.
- Barker, J.R., Boyle, T.A., Tay, L., Bishop, A., Morrison, B., Murphy, A., MacKinnon, N.J., Murray, E., Ho, C. (2019). Barriers to the use of patient safety information sources by community pharmacies. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 15(7), 895-901. DOI: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2019.02.015
- Murphy, A.L., Gardner, D.M., Jacobs, L.M. (2019). The patient experience in a community pharmacy mental illness and addictions program. Canadian Pharmacists Journal. 152(3), 186-192. DOI: 10.1177/1715163519839424