Congratulations to all participants and attendees.
View highlights of the conference here.
Atlantic Provinces Exercise Scientists and Socioculturalists (APES+)
March 24th and 25th, 2018
General Conference Information
- APES+ will be held at Dalhousie University in the Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building, Rooms 1009 and 1011 (circled in green on the campus map).
- The conference will begin the morning of Saturday March the 24th (~10am) and will conclude the afternoon of Sunday March 25th (specific times to be determined).
- Parking will be available on Campus and will be free of charge. However, no overnight parking is permitted. The closest parking spaces are located in the Central Services Building (CSB) Parkade and Lot, which are next to the Kenneth C. Rowe building (marked as numbers 1 and 2, respectively on the campus map).
- The banquet will be held on Saturday evening in the Great Hall, located at the University Club (outline in a red rectangle on the campus map).
- The Lord Nelson will serve as the conference hotel. Directions between the Lord Nelson and the Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building (~1.2 km) can be found on map.
- Blocks of 20 rooms have been held for both the Friday and Saturday nights. The nightly rate for Classic one and two Queen Guestrooms is $119. Group rates are for single or double occupancy. Each additional adult in the same room is an extra $30. Rates are subject to applicable taxes (2% Marketing Levy & 15% HST).
- Parking at the hotel is $28 plus tax per night for registered guests. However, parking is free on the surrounding streets after 6:00 on Friday and during the weekend.
- The block of rooms will be held until Friday, February 23rd, so please book prior to this date.
- To book reservations, please contact their Reservations Department by phone at (902) 423-5130, toll free at 1-800-565-2020, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote the group ID 39401 or APES 2018 to receive the discounted rate. Reservations can also be made online at Lord Nelson Hotel.
- The cost to register for the conference is $85. We would appreciate if you could register by Friday March 2nd.
- To register, please complete the registration form, and email to email@example.com.
- Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept email transfers for APES+ registration fees. Conference registration payment can occur through any of the following options:
- Cash payment (on site registration only).
- A cheque made out to the School of Health and Human Performance (APES+). Cheques will be accepted during on site registration or can be mailed directly to School of Health and Human Performance, Dalhousie University, Stairs House, 6230 South Street, PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2 (c/o Derek Kimmerly).
- Wire transfer to Dalhousie University via the Bank of Nova Scotia (Bank # 002, Transitt # 33993, Swift # NOSCCATT, Account # 70003 00017 16). Remittances are to be sent to the following email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Abstract Submission and Presentation
- Details regarding abstract or research summary formatting, an example abstract and the abstract submission form can be found via the google doc.
- The deadline to submit an abstract is Friday March 3rd.
- Please submit abstract directly to email@example.com.
- Oral presentations will be 10 minutes in duration with 5 minutes permitted for questions. There will be no poster presentation sessions.