Environmental Engineering research investigates:
- Groundwater and seepage, well design, seepage control, underground contaminant transport
- Water and wastewater treatment, solid waste management, and environmental systems analysis.
- Biological treatment processes, optimization of water treatment processes, and biofilm kinetics.
- Bacterial regrowth in drinking water distribution systems, optimization coagulation for improved ozone disinfection, nitrification in drinking water, and controlling the formation of disinfectant by-products.
- Remediation of petroleum waste sites and environmental risk assessment, watershed modeling, contaminant transport, and passive wastewater treatment systems.
- Hydrological modeling and water quality modeling