Assistant Professor, Plant Breeding, Genetics
Phone: (902) 893.7821
Faculty of Agriculture
PO Box 550
Truro, NS, B2N 5E3
- B.Sc.(Agr.) 1983 Macdonald College, Department of Plant Science
- M.Sc. 1986 Macdonald College, Department of Plant Science
- Ph.D. 1996 Dalhousie University, Biology Department
- Nova Scotia Institute of Agrologists
- Canadian Institute of Agronomy
- Faculty of Graduate Studies at Dalhousie University
- Plant Breeder Status with Canadian Seed Growers Association
- Forage legume breeding
- Pasture renovation and management
- Low cost soil and crop improvement
- Fate of transgenes in the environment
- Riparian zones
- Plant tissue culture
- GENE2000 Genetics
- PLSC4000 Plant Breeding
- AGRN0202/2002 Forage-based Cropping Systems
- RESM4008 Plant Science Project I: Experimental design lectures in these two courses
- RESM4009 Plant Science Project II: Statistics lectures and consultations
- Carignan, G.D., McLean, N.L., Fredeen, A.H., Winter, J.P. and Martin, R.C. 2008. Modified management-intensive grazing for biodiversity: Effects on low-input pasture productivity. Grass forage Sce. [Submission in June 2010].
- Halde, C. Winter, J.P., Hammermeister, A., McLean, N.L., Webb, K.T. and Martin, R.C. 2010. soil compaction under varying intensities of rotation grazing. Can. J. Soil Sci. [In preparation].
- Jamieson, A.R. and McLean, N.L. 2008. Field observations on tetraploid red raspberry genotypes. 9th International Rubus and Ribes Symposium. Acta Hort. 183-187.
- Van Acker, R.C., McLean, N.L. and Martin, R.C. 2007. Development of quality assurance protocols to prevent GM-contamination of organic crops. Pp. 466-489 In: Handbook of organic food safety and quality. J. Cooper, U. Niggli and C. Leifert (eds.) CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, FL, USA.
- McLean, N.L. and Nowak, J. 1999. Meiotic chromosome pairing, isozyme analyses and ferritin expression in a red clover mutant capable of somatic embryogenesis. Annals of Botany 83: 315-323.