PO Box 550
Truro, NS, B2N 5E3
- B.Sc. (Agr.) University of Guelph
- M.Sc., University of Guelph
- Ph.D., University of Guelph
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Physiology and Stress Management
- Environmental Regulation of Carbon Assimilation and Metabolism
in Horticultural Plants (offered in the autumn semester)
- Special Topics in Plant Nutrition (offered in the winter semester)
- American Society for Horticultural Science
- American Pomological Society
- Canadian Society for Horticultural Science
- International Society for Horticultural Science
- Nova Scotia Institute of Agrologists
- Nova Scotia Wild Blueberry Institute (Board Member)
- 2000: Canada Foundation for Innovation Research Excellence Award for two research initiatives examining the environmental regulation of plant growth and development and wild blueberry physiology, protection and production
- 1997: American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) Award for the most outstanding fruit publication in ASHS (consisting of three journals) during 1996.
- 1993: Ulyssis Hedrick Award for the best student paper presented to American Pomological Society.
- Environmental regulation of carbon assimilation and metabolism (i.e., source-sink relationships)
- Whole plant growth dynamics
- Impact of environmental stresses on phytochemistry, growth and development
- Plant growth regulation and the use of exogenous plant growth regulators
- Soil fertility and plant nutrition dynamics and the subsequent impact on symbiotic relationships, plant growth, development, yield and fruit structure and composition
- Percival, D.C. and K.R. Sanderson. 2004. Main and interactive effects of vegetative year applications of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium fertilizer. Small Fruits Review. In Press.
- Glass, V.M., D.C. Percival, and J.T.A. Proctor. 2003. Influence of decreasing soil moisture on stem water potential, transpiration rate, and carbon exchange rate of the lowbush blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium Ait.) in a controlled environment. J. Hort. Sci. and Biotech. 78(3):359-364.
- Janes, D.E. and D.C. Percival. 2003. Trends in Lowbush Blueberry Cultivar Development. J. Amer. Pomological Soc. 57(2):63-69. (Note: this paper received won the Ulysses P. Hendrik Award for Best Student Paper in 2002).
- Jeliazkova, E.A., and D.C. Percival. 2003. N and P fertilizers, some growth variables, and mycorrhizae in wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium Ait.). ActaHort. 626:294-304.
- Jeliazkova, E., and D.C. Percival. 2003. The seasonal tolerance of the mycorrhizal association of the lowbush blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium Ait.) to drought stress. Can. J. Pl. Sci. 83:583-586.