News» Go to news main
WireWorm control in Potatoes
The ongoing research on wireworm control in potatoes using RNAi technology performed by postdoc Dr. Jyoti Joshi from Dr. Gefu Wang-Pruski’s lab has drawn the attention of the national potato industry.
The article outlining the research is featured in the latest “SPUDSMART” magazine. This magazine is the most important and popular publication for potato growers and potato industries in Canada.
Wireworm pest has become a major threat to potato production, particularly in Atlantic Canada. For the full article, please visit: https://spudsmart.com/seeking-a-whammy-for-wireworms/
- Second time is a charm for farm owner and operator Ella Oulton
- Still looking for a flu shot?
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness activities (December)
- 10 Years Together
- Legacy Awards Celebrated
- Plant‑based protein, the pandemic and our agrifood supply chain
- Jeans, a button‑up and mineral engineering!
- Upcoming Open Dialogue Live: How policy impacts food security