News» Go to news main
St. John Ambulance Therapy Dogs
We are very excited to announce that we will have three teams from the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog program on our campus on Wednesday, November 28th from 7-8.
The program offers a wide variety of benefits that includes greater social engagement with individuals/residents, participating in more activities, stress relief and distraction from pain. It also helps with comfort and calming and improving self- confidence and esteem.
These dogs volunteer at various locations which include senior residences, care facilities, hospitals, schools, community centres and libraries.
For more information on the program, or if you and your dog want to become a volunteers, please visit: St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Program. We are looking forward to seeing them on campus!
- The Centre for Soil
- Faculty Visiting Speaker Series
- Gamification and Game‑Based Learning
- 2022 Volunteer Awards
- CiCan Webinar: Inside the mental health shadow pandemic
- Making his community a better place to live
- A Clever partnership means good news for Wild Blueberry Industry
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness Actvities