News» Go to news main
A Deeper Understanding of Resilience
Resilience is not something that we’re born with – it develops over time as we acquire knowledge, perspective and self-management skills.
Vendura Wellness has created an exciting resilience program for workplaces. They address thinking traps, catastrophic thinking and practical skills that can be applied in everyday life to strengthen an individual's ability to overcome adversity and challenges, adapt well to change, manage stress, and thrive in their personal and professional lives.
Participants will learn important resilience skills such as:
- Developing a purpose and vision
- Reducing anxiety through techniques for controlling intrusive thoughts and images
- The importance of, and how to have, strong relationships with friends and family
- How to amplify positive emotions and how to recognize when negative ones are out of proportion
- How to maximize your physical health through sleep, meditation and other life skills
- Heightening awareness of “Red Flags” (knowing the triggers and markers of low resiliency)
- Having a series of go-to “Fire escapes” (strategies to address low resiliency)
The program includes a one-of-a-kind G.R.I.T. assessment tool that gives participants a deep look inward at their current level of resilience. Participants will receive reflections on the unique scales that combine to produce each resiliency score.
Online Resilience Assessment completed - week of Oct 29th
Thursday Nov 8th Live on site 11:30-1:00 p.m.
Wednesday Nov 14th On-line 11:30-12:30 p.m.
Thursday Nov 22nd Live on site 11:30-1:00 p.m.
Thursday Nov 29th On-line 11:30-12:30 p.m.
Thursday Dec 13th On-line 11:30-12:30
Thursday Dec 20th Live on site 11:30-1:00 p.m.
Redo Online Assessment - Jan 2, 2019
Attendance at all sessions is encouraged, but not mandatory. Participants may participate in the on-line sessions together or connect on their own from wherever they prefer.
Darren Steeves (MSC, CSCS, CEP) is passionate about improving the total health of our community. Darren is a professional Exercise Physiologist and Co-Owner of Vendura Wellness started after working at Dalhousie University for 12 years. He has consulted with Olympic Medalists, World Champion athletes, and within corporations for over 20 years. Darren has written for Men's Health, Canadian Living and numerous media outlets, as well as appearances on CBC-TV, CBC-Radio and CTV.
- New Face on Campus
- Faculty of Ag Ph.D. student wins top award at Atlantic Cancer Research Conference
- Rams Weekend Recap
- Volunteer of the Year ‑ Rayanne Frizzell
- New Face on Campus
- 20 ways to screw up your College Interview
- Upcoming for the Rams!
- ACAA Athletes of the Week