News» Go to news main
Students win at Sea Farmer's Conference
Dalhousie Aquaculture students, Minhao Fu and Jing Lu were two of the three students chosen to present their research at the 2015 Sea Farmers Conference on January 30th to compete for the Cathy Enright Scholarship.
Both Minhao Fu and Jing Lu are conducting their MSc research under the direction of Dr. Derek Anderson. Both students represented our Faculty well in communicating their research contributions to the aquaculture sector. A scientific panel of judges awarded the scholarship to Jing Lu, who presented her research on “Use of Camelina sativa oil and solvent-extracted meal for Atlantic salmon fry (Salmo salar). Congratulations to both Minhao and Jing for being selected to compete for the scholarship and congratulations to Jing Lu for winning the $1000 scholarship.
(LtoR) Dr. Cathy Enright and Jing Lu
The Cathy Enright scholarship is awarded each year to the best student research presentation at the Sea Farmers conference. It was named the Cathy Enright scholarship in 2012,to honour the contributions that NSAC retired faculty member Cathy Enright made to aquaculture in Nova Scotia.
- Care for Graduate students
- Calling All Instructors and Professors – Your Input For COIL Is Needed!
- Certificate in Technology Education‑ Going strong in an online environment
- Implication of Technology in Agriculture with Robert Saik
- Tax Time is upon us
- (New Studio Course) What is Anti‑racist/Anti‑oppressive Education?
- For the love of Agriculture
- Several alumni named as Canada's Top 25 Dairy Herds