PhD Oceanography Student
- MSc in Earth and Planetary Science, McGill University (2019)
- BSc in Geological Sciences, Queen’s University (2016)
- Marine Biogeochemistry
- Ocean Acidification
- Carbonate System
- Tracer Release Experiments
Jutras, M., Mucci, A., Chaillou, G., Nesbitt, W.A., Wallace, D.W.R. (2022). Temporal and spatial evolution of bottom-water hypoxia in the Estuary and Gulf of St. Lawrence. EGUsphere: 1-16. doi: 10.5194/egusphere-2022-1090
Clarke, S.B.*, Nesbitt, W.A.*, Efitre, J., Masette, M., and Chapman, L.J. (2022). Elemental composition of small pelagic fishes in three East African lakes: Implications for nutritional security. Fisheries Research. 256: 106479. doi: 10.1016/j.fishres.2022.106479
Nesbitt, W.A., Clarke, S.B., and Chapman, L.J. (2022). Comparison of calcium concentration in scales and vertebral column of a cyprinid from calcium-limited environments in the Lake Victoria Basin, Uganda. African Journal of Aquatic Science. 47(1): 115-122. doi: 10.2989/16085914.2021.1988888
Nesbitt, W.A. and Mucci, A. (2021). Direct evidence of sediment carbonate dissolution in response to bottom-water acidification in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, Canada. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences. 58(1): 84-92. doi: 10.1139/cjes-2020-0020
Nesbitt, W.A. and Mucci, A. The Impact of Hypoxia and the Concomitant Acidification of Bottom Waters on the Preservation of Detrital Carbonates in the Gulf of the St. Lawrence. 2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, Oregon, USA. AGU, 2018.
- R/V Coriolis II (2017). Lower St. Lawrence Estuary, Saguenay Fjord, and Gulf of St. Lawrence. Participating institutions were McGill University, Concordia University, and L'Université du Québec à Rimouski.
- R/V Lampsilis (2017). St. Lawrence River between Montreal and Quebec City. Participating institutions were McGill University and Concordia University.
- R/V Coriolis II (2021). Gulf of St. Lawrence. Organizing and participating in the TReX 1 Tracer injection mission. Participating institutions were Dalhousie University, GEOMAR, and L'Université du Québec à Rimouski.
- R/V Coriollis ll (2022). Gulf of St. Lawrence. Organizing and participating in the TReX 2 Tracer hunt mission. Participating institutions were Dalhousie University, GEOMAR, UBC, and L'Université du Québec à Rimouski.