Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Canadian Frailty Network
The Canadian Frailty Network and the Canadian Foundation for Heathcare Improvement have launched a collaborative based on the top frailty innovations from the 2018 CFN Frailty Matters Innovation Showcase and will support teams to implement practice change interventions to improve the care and quality of life of those living with frailty and those who support them.
What is the Collaborative?
This initiative will support up to 20 interdisciplinary teams from across Canada from November 2019 to September 2021. Using a Quality Improvement (QI) approach, teams will enhance their capacity to consistently partner with patients and caregivers to apply frailty identification and assessment in populations 75 years of age and over, with opportunistic screening for those 65 and over, in a primary care setting. Teams will then implement tailored, evidence-informed interventions to collaboratively care for those who score 4-6 a (vulnerable to moderately frail) on the Clinical Frailty Scale – in partnership with their family/friend caregivers – to slow the progression of frailty and maintain or enhance their quality of life.
After the Collaborative, teams are expected to continue to spread their work beyond their initial intervention site(s). The Collaborative will provide teams with learning opportunities supported by CFN, CFHI, peers, and experts in the field through in-person workshops, webinars, coaching and other modalities.
Who should apply?
- Any network based in primary care
- Any single institution based in primary care, including Regional Health Authorities, Government organizations and agencies, Academic health sciences centres, Community hospitals, Primary care practices, Physician groups, Community organizations (ie. community health centres) and Primary care practices.
Internal: August 7, 2019 at 4:30pm. Please contact the ORS Grants Facilitator for your faculty.
Agency: August 21, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada
- Canadian Guidelines for Post‑Covid‑19 Condition
- Research Ethics
- Research Ethics
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Grant‑Paid Employees – Information Session for Researchers
- The 100k Strong North America Grant Competition to Expand Climate‑Action, Inclusive Education Exchanges
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Grand Challenges