Dalhousie University is now using Office 365 to provide the institution with simplified and improved communication tools, greater security, and tools for a mobile world.
Office 365 offers the following:
- Email with 25 GB of storage with premium anti-malware and anti-spam
- Integrated calendar and personal contact and task management
- Web Conferencing, through Lync, to conduct meetings over the web with video conferencing, screen sharing, and instant messaging
- Office Web Apps to create and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files via a web browser. Also works with the latest version of Office, Office 2010, Office 2007 (with slight limited functionality), Office 2011 for Mac, Office 2008 for Mac.
- Mobile Support to synchronize your email, calendar, contacts and tasks to many phones and tablets, including Android, iPhone, iPad, Symbian (Nokia), Windows Phone, Android and BlackBerry devices
- Backup and options for email archiving
For more information, migration assistance, and timelines, visit the ITS Microsoft Office 365 site.